Waving Plants Shaders Mod
I got to admit that this mod looks a little bit goofy to me. It looks more as it’s really hot in minecraft rather than actually having the plants swayed by the wind in the game. Nothing against it, however, it just looks a little goofy to me. Graphical limitations of minecraft are sure the cause of this, and I like the effect of it. The mod’s really oriented at the “nature” side of minecraft, rather than the mining or crafting side, and it does a greate job of this. It creates beautiful scenery for recording videos, or just taking a look from the mountain top. This video illustrates what the mod does better than words can:
As I said before, it does look a little goofy at the first sight. Looks as you’re about to get heat-stroke right away.
It does offer other, smaller things, for example, like the speed the plants move while it’s raining, together with the water. Nothing game-changing, it’s all graphical.
- Makes all plants (apart from tree logs) move around. It has influence on pumpkins and melons, too, which is totally weird.
- Modifies moving speed while raining
How to use :
- After installation it will begin running
- If you get low fps you can disable some waving things (or if you just don’t desire things as pumpkins being bendable) by editing the gbuffers_terrain.vsh and adding // to the things you don’t desire.
- If you see boxes around transparent blocks (grass, torches, etc) you may need to update your driver cards
Pros and Cons
- Helps Minecraft look much better
- Nice effects during the rain
- Kind of difficult to configure in my opinion. Not too bad, though.
- A bit buggy
- Smooth movement for all plants
- FPS increase
- Water/lava fixed
- Wheat broken
How to Install
- Download Minecraft Forge and GLSL Shaders Mod
- Drag the ShadersModCore.jar into ~.minecraftmods
- Open Minecraft, press Play then go to Options
- Click on shaders and select ”Open Shaders Folder”
- Drag the Waving Plants Shaders file into that folder
- Select it (just like you would a Resource Pack) and then click Done
- Run Minecraft and enjoy your waving plants.